Thursday, January 2, 2014

August 2013

Hey Y'all!

August was spent frantically trying to find a new school for the kids to go to. We currently live in the Battle Ground School District and that means that middle school is for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. I do not want my 10 year old to be in middle school already, so we decided we would try to get Ashleigh (and Preston) in to the Vancouver School district so she would have 1 more year of elementary school. We went to 13 schools!! We soon found out that it would be impossible for both Ash and Preston to be in the same school, so we decided to just keep Preston at Pleasant Valley, and try to just get Ash in to a new school. She was finally able to get in at Felida. (the same school I went to - although it's been remodeled and looks quite a bit different than when I went there.)




What a relief to have that done. 

We continued the rest of the summer with new treats (yum, these are my favorites!!)


Some driving lessons in the Chinook/Alki parking lots



More fun at the Famer's Market






Playing with the farm animals at the Felida Red Barn:





We rode on the Max Train in Portland:
Poor Preston had pretty bad allergies the whole time, but he wanted to stay on and ride the train so bad. And them some rude lady got upset with me for sitting in the handicapped seats even though there wasn't anyone else around who wanted/needed the seats. I told her off. 



The kids ate Pirates Booty and watched some movies


And we had lots of cuddles and hugs and loves, and Nick wearing my pink pants....he looks better in them than I do. Ha. 



And we ate some super long curly fries


The kids' rooms were very overdue for a good deep  cleaning so we stayed home for 1 whole day and just cleaned!!  Pretty impressive before and after pics. 






I also cleaned up our "office/storage room/play room" so the kids could do homework in there...


We visited the cemetery on Christian's 12th birthday and the kids decorated the headstone. 
   
And then Ash and I had to hurry and get ready to go to the Taylor Swift Concert. :-) We bought last minute tickets. Such a fun mommy-daughter date. 






And that was the end of August for us. I'm sad that summer is coming to an end. I've had seriously, the best time with my kids! I'm going to miss them so much when school starts. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment